24/7/365 Emergency Service: 614.436.4087 – 800.282.6017
During regular belt inspection, look for these indicators to help diagnose problems and to avoid expensive repairs and/or down time:
- Premature wear can be the result of sheave problems, including sheave alignment, worn sheave groves, or improper sheave sizing.
- Belt noise or slip burns on the belt can be a tension issue.
- Abnormal belt stretch can be the result of misaligned or under-sized drives.
- Belts that turn over can be an indication of sheave or pulley problems.
- Dry and hard belt sidewalls or bottom-of-belt cracks can be an indication of high temperatures that might require better ventilation.
- Tension loss can be an indication of weak support structure on the motor.